Thursday, August 9, 2007

Quick catch-up and Language Orthogonality

It was a long time ago when I last posted to this blog, but I intend to fix that now. :)
Just a quick update, during that time I was very involved in finishing the features for the Drools 4.0 release that was released a couple of weeks ago. I am very glad with the result and we feel the current version is a great improvement over the 3.0 version released a bit more than a year ago.

Anyway, one of the major focus of the new release from a language perspective is the expressiveness of the language and it's learning curve. One of the ways of achieving that is improving language orthogonality. Today I found this article that besides short, gives to newcomers a good idea on what is language orthogonality and how it affects our life (as language users) every day.

Enjoy.

No comments: